Arrival & contact
We look forward to preparing a personalised offer for your holiday stay in the apartments of the Health Residence Mittendorf.
The Health Residence Mittendorf in Schenna is located in an idyllic setting and surrounded by our beautiful garden and fields, where in summer you can sunbathe or read a good book.
From the room balconies you can enjoy splendid views of the Merano valley basin, the surrounding mountains and Schenna Castle, perched majestically above the valley.
Schenna is a sunny village not far from the spa town of Merano. In summer, our hotel is the ideal point of departure for numerous walks and hikes to, for example, the Gompm Alpine farm, the Lauwand peak, the Stafelhütte refuge or along the Maiser forest trail that leads to Saltaus.
In winter as well, Schenna is the ideal place for a holiday centred on snow sports: ski facilities such as Merano 2000 or the placid Vigiljoch can be reached simply and quickly.
So that your first arrival at the Mittendorf Residence in Schenna is a worry-free experience, we have put together several suggestions about how to find us. We wish you a pleasant trip!
- Brennero motorway - Innsbruck – Brennero/Brenner to Bolzano/Bozen (exit Bolzano Sud/Bozen Süd) - expressway Bolzano/Bozen-Merano/Meran (exit Merano Sud/Meran Süd) – turn right in direction Scena/Schenna shortly before Merano/Meran.
- In the summertime it is possible to alternatively take Passo Giove/Jaufenpass: Motorway exit Vipiteno/Sterzing, cross Passo Giove/Jaufenpass (2,094 m) through Val Passiria/Passeiertal to Merano/Meran and turn right in direction Scena/Schenna shortly before Merano/Meran.
- In summer, you can use the alternative route over the Timmelsjoch: By way of Füssen – Reutte, cross the Ötztal valley and the Timmelsjoch (2,483 m) to the Passeiertal valley and proceed toward Merano. Just before Merano, turn left toward Schenna.
- By way of Landeck –Reschenpass (1,504 m –distance 82 km) pass through the Vinschgau valley to the ‘Merano Sud’ exit. Then follow the main road. Just before Merano, turn right toward Schenna.
- By way of Lienz (eastern Tyrol), cross the Pustertal valley to the Bressanone motorway entrance. Take the motorway south and continue to the ‘Bolzano sud’ exit. Then continue on the expressway toward Merano. Just before Merano, turn right toward Schenna.
- By way of Davos (CH) – Flüelapass (2,389 m) – Ofenpass (2,155 m) – Taufers – cross the Vinschgau valley to the ‘Merano Sud’ exit. Then follow the main road. Just before Merano, turn right toward Schenna.
The nearest train station is in Merano/Meran. All trains coming from Bolzano/Bozen in direction Val Venosta/Vinschgau stop here. In Bolzano/Bozen all IC- und EC-(long distance) trains of the line Munich-Verona stop.