Slow Food means cuisine that is regional, environmentally-friendly and rich in taste. The Slow Food movement is experiencing growing success, in South Tyrol as well. Slow Food works against the tendency of standardising and globalising food products, promoting instead a relationship to food centred on the values of taste and quality.
We are passionate about food ourselves. We prefer serving and consuming food products when we know where they came from. For this reason, in choosing items for our breakfast buffet we intentionally seek out regional and homemade products. From our point of view, regional means produced in South Tyrol. Our buffet breakfast is therefore synonymous with tasty, healthy and carefully selected foods.
Our suppliers have been carefully selected and are a guarantee of quality regional foods:
- Anna makes jams of strawberry, apricot, raspberry, cherry and plum as well as red currant jelly. She prepares them using only seasonal fruits from orchards in Schenna
or other nearby areas;
- fruit preserves (made from South Tyrolean plums, pears and apples) are also prepared by Anna with passion and care;
- speck (smoked prosciutto), cured meats and pork come from the small but excellent butcher Hofer in Moos im Passeiertal;
- yoghurt and milk come from the Merano Dairy;
- butter, cheeses and ricotta cheese come from small Alpine farms of South Tyrol;
- bread comes from the bakery in Meran and surrounding areas;
- fresh South Tyrolean fruit comes from producers in Schenna and surrounding areas;
- honey comes from the beekeeper Michael Hafner of Obermais. His beehives are located in various localities, including Schenna. His varieties of honey differ according
to altitude and the type of collected pollen: 400 m (apple blossom and dandelion honey), 800 m (chestnut and linden honey) and 1200 m (Alpine pasture and Alpine rose
- beverages are made with natural products (elderberry, mint and lemon balm leaves, all from our own herb garden);
- South Tyrolean muesli;
- cakes and pies are lovingly baked by Anna;
- unfiltered apple juice is pressed by our brother-in-law Klaus from untreated apples;
- grape and Aronia berry juice come from the Tannerhof farm in Lana;
- eggs of free-range chickens also come from the Tannerhof farm in Lana. Georg is happy to prepare them for you for breakfast upon request: fried and scrambled (both with speck) or simply hard-boiled.